Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Caramel Pears on a Rainy Winters Night

I casually mentioned that even though the dinner I had made was absolutely delicious (it really was!), I still felt the need for something more (it must be the winter weather making me crave sugar and comfort food - who am I kidding I crave sugar all the time!!)


So next thing I know...... Hubby C declares that he will make Caramel Pears!!!! YUMMMMM!!! My mum used to make this when I was a kid (and she is so great that she still makes it for us even though we are big enough and ugly enough to make it ourselves!!)


So....here is how to make your own delicious Caramel Pears.....trust me, you won't regret it!!!


Ingredients
1 tin of pear halves (or in our case 2 tins as we are really greedy and we didn't have any icecream to add to the pears!!)
1 1/4 cups Pear Syrup (use the reserved juice and make up to the right amount with water)
1 Tbspn Cornflour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tspn cinnamon
1 tspn Honey
60gm Butter
Ice Cream and Chopped Nuts to serve


1.  Drain the tin of pears and reserve the juice.  Put the pear halves in a serving bowl.


2.  Put cornflour, pear syrup, sugar and cinnamon in a saucepan.  Boil for 3 mins.
3.  Add butter and honey.  


4.  Put a scoop of ice cream on each pear half and pour syrup over and sprinkle with chopped nuts.  (you can cool the syrup first so the icecream doesn't melt so quickly but we are too impatient so we eat it warm!!)




ENJOY!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment